Wednesday 10 October 2018

High tea.

I was invited to join a friend and two other friends for high tea today. Her two daughters had bought her the gift for her birthday. One friend offered to drive us as she knew the area so all I was required to was dress in some finery and meet at the selected time and place to be whisked away.

We were early so spent the excess time in a dress shop which is unusual for me. I was the only one of the four not to buy anything but only because what I liked didnt like me.

At the appointed time we presented ourselves to the cafe. The seating was outside on the verandah and two small tables had to be put tigether even though it was booked. I was a bit worried about the chairs, they were a little spindley, cute to look at but bit wary to sit on in ones latter years. They did stand the test though.

We had several choices of teas, I went for coffee and it was flat white or cappuccino.
One small quiche and three cheese scones but in filo came out with "the best relish" you will taste. The dish of relish was more suited to two pieces not four, although we were told after that we could have asked for more.

A tray of desserts came out.
A scone, jam and cream, a tiny cupcake, melting moment and a carmel slice. I didnt eat my slice as it looked far too sweet for me, I'm sure that I have made it in a past life.  Consisting of honey mixed with oats and biscuits caramel condensed milk then melted chocalate spread thickly over the top. As it was a warm day, top of 33, it was getting hot there by the time we had finished. I had not been to a high tea before so had no idea what to expect only that there would be food.  We all agreed that we didnt want/need any lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment