Sunday 20 March 2016

Fremantle

We are staying just south of here and yesterday there was a local football match on starting at 2.15 pm. We thought that if we left Busselton (I know now that it has only one "l") by nine o'clock we would be in plenty of time to check in, get set up have lunch and then go to see it.

It was a cool morning and we even had some rain travelling and yes, we got to the next caravan park just after 12 but it felt like a lazy day so we sat around and read basically relaxed. We did have to go out and do some shopping as we had used all the milk! As we use UHT milk, even at home it was a shock to go to the pantry and there was not another one there.

Today we figured we had to go and do something so we drove into the centre of Fremantle. What a great place, I know I keep saying that but I was impressed with the buildings
Dont know what church this belongs to but I just liked it.
There was outside markets and a really nice atmosphere.

The town hall with a statue of John Curtain in front.
The boys went to the Martime museum while S and I continued to the beach by walking through the tunnel.
Lunch was seafood but as I didnt want battered anything, my choice was limited so I had seven grilled prawns, that was on offer, seven grilled prawns, they were good.
Again we split up, the guys to an Army museum and us to the tramway which didnt materialize so we walked back dropping into a couple of galleries and a second book store. We had to walk some more else I would have bought more ( I bought a couple of books).
This was in a shop window that was closed, plants in old handbags and there was an old pram as well with plants in it as decorations.Quirky but cute. 


Warren and I had a swim in the caravan park pool and then later he walked (ten minutes as advertised, he said it was more like 20 minutes) to the beach and had a dip in the ocean.



h

No comments:

Post a Comment