Sunday 13 March 2016

Denmark WA

We drove to Denmark from Albany with the view to see what was there and visit the cheese and chocolate places that we had seen advertised. What a nice place, it did have a bit of a hippy vibe to it and I could imagine people travelling there from Albany on the weekends to shop, browse and have coffee.

S and I went into several dress/clothing stores and in one place I was able to pass on some information regarding the Creswick Woollen mills that we visited way back near Ballarat.

I was able to buy Warren another long sleeved shirt for driving (so that his arm doesn't get sun burnt), I also bought myself a sleeveless vest as the evenings are getting cool. Two more tops made it into the shopping bag at another place, at $10 each I couldnt leave them there could I, plus they were in colours that I wear.

fantastic lunch at a cafe on the street and we sat and watched the world go by and chatted to people as they stopped for their dog to get a drink, there was a drink bowl on the corner, how neat and thoughtful is that?
This was my lunch.
I ordered the vegetable fritter, thinking that was all I was going to have but it came with salad and a nice chutney as well, price $6.50, not too bad and it tasted good, always a bonus.

We went to the cheese factory and we did buy some cheeses but it only had sales of cheese and a cafe. Off we continued to the chocolate place.
The gardens were incredible and dotted around was the story of chocolate.

After we had walked through the garden we went inside and J ordered coffee for us and they gave us samples of their chocolates (above). I bought some fig jam and a port.

No comments:

Post a Comment