Monday 22 March 2021

Power cuts

 We were advised a couple of weeks ago that today we would lose power from 8am until 3pm.

I washed yesterday rather than today. Warren and I are usually out on Monday mornings so not a problem. We were going to have lunch out and then home for an hour or so before the power came back on. 

Rain, rain and more rain so tennis was washed out. 

I woke up just before 8am and asked Warren to drive the car out, he had already done it. No power means no garage door opener. Could he make my coffee while I had a shower, already done but I needed a flask made for coffee date in the park. Phew, all done with a minute or two to spare.

Phone pings, road closures into the park. We arrange to meet a new coffee place. Power still on.

Rain clears, Warren and Lucy leave for a walk, ten minutes and down comes the rain, they got wet but at least she got a little walk. 

Suggested to Warren that we still go out for lunch, a curry so long since we had had a curry. We usually go to the coffee club. 


Goat curry, rice and nan bread, yum! Coffee club is alongside and as we were leaving noticed acsign in the door stating that they were closed due to road flooding.

Our power didnt go off at all, I guess that will happen in the future. They are replacing power poles, ground too boggy at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment