Monday 15 March 2021

Asian supermarket shopping.

 Over the weekend I watched a cooking show in TV. It was called something like Gok does Chinese cooking. I have seen this guy before but to do with fashion and styles, I think he has done some work with David Jones or similar.

Well, he apparently can cook as well. The dishes he was preparing looked good easy and quick, my type of cooking.

He used Shaoxing wine in most dishes, Shaoxing being where we used to live in China.

When out and about today, we visited the Asian supermarket, never been there before. We were like kids in a lolly shop, seeing all the foods that we recognised from China.

Warren bought some sesame and custard buns that he used to buy on the streets and I bought pancake wrappers and dried mushrooms. I should have left the wrappers out of the freezer as they were in one large lump.

I made up the dish with cabbage, diced chicken and mushrooms


, ended up using pastry sheets. Some I steamed, some were fried. Okay, but plenty of room for improvement.

End result


 


No comments:

Post a Comment