Wednesday 17 June 2020

A Booboo to Beanies.

Soon after I learnt to crochet, I made some strips but none of them were the same size and they had a tight bottom. This is caused by the first chain row. I have since learnt to do the first row with a larger hook and problem solved.

I was going to pull all these squares undone and re do them. Then I was reading a pattern, YouTube on beanies. One was just a rectangle, sewn up on side and one end pulled in and a pompom added.

A light bulb moment, my strips had already the pulled in row and they were about the right size. I was planning on making 30 beanies, one night's work and I have five done already and I don't have to pull them undone.
I have done a black band on each of them and I will be adding a black pompom as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment