Friday 20 April 2018

Letter Writing

That is almost a thing of the past but I had three letters to write when we got home. Actual pen to paper.

One was a quick one to a mutual geo cacher, she had designed our path tags and the deal is a few dollars for the design and two of the tags once they have been made.

The second was a quick post card to a friends daughter who no longer has grandparents. I was writing to her mother last year as part of ongoing program. With permission from her mum, I still write a letter or postcard to her daughter every month or so.

The third one was a lengthy letter to what is called "heart sisters". It is a program designed to get in contact with another person who maynot have too much contact with others. I write to someone and another person writes to me. I make a point to write to my "sister" once a month as required and each time I mark it on the calender so I dont forget. People belong to an online group with similar interests but the sender is anon.

I try to make it interesting and write about what we have been doing without giving clues as to who I am. Certainly makes one think more about what is being written. Small gifts can be sent and I usually send something besides a letter every second month. I had made a shopping bag which I sent this time as the state she lives in, is doing away completely with plastic shopping bags.

I look forward to recieving my letter every so often, my counterpart has a very good vegetable garden and it seems that they dont have to buy very much as they grow most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment