Saturday 4 November 2017

Shopping by/with phone.

We were out of milk again this morning so on a spur of the moment I decided to do my shopping today instead of Monday which was the original plan. I know I always pick up more things so going for one item wasn't going to work.

As I am doing some food for Melbourne Cup, I quickly wrote out my plan and from that, I wrote a shopping list of  what things I needed and yes, made sure that it was in my bag.

I ticked the items off as I got them and there were a couple of things that I realised I needed for home that I hadn't put on the list.

Looking at my trolley which was only half full, I grabbed my phone to check the time, why I don't know because I didn't need to be anywhere at any particular time. Shopping centres don't seem to have clocks up on the wall any more.

I scrabbled around in the bottom of my bag as the phone wasn't in the pocket that I had started to put it in. Then it hit me, it was at home in the bathroom charging! My first thought I would ring Warren and ask him to either bring my phone or come and pay for the groceries, slap to the head, of course I couldn't ring him as I didn't have a phone and probably only had about $30 in cash, definitely not an option to pay cash for the groceries.

Just then a supervisor walked past me, she had money bags from the check outs that how I knew she was someone of importance. I put my case to her, saying that I would be back in fifteen to twenty minutes. I really did not know how long it would take me to get home and back.

Drove back into the car park in twelve minutes, shopping trolley was there minus the fridge stuff, they had put that into a bag and into one of the big fridges. Phew, I really didn't want to have to do all that shopping again.

Note to self make sure phone is in hand before going out especially as I now keep my cards in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment