Friday 29 September 2017

Pumpkins, boats and Junk shops

Yesterday we set out for the ferry at Victoria BC. As we had time we called at our friends store, she calls it a junk shop but it is well laid from what I could see. We had lunch with them a couple of weeks ago.
Luqi had some news for us, she is taking her daughter back to China to visit her mother and step father. We think its the first time since she left China seven years ago.
A totem pole in the alley way next to Luqi 's store.

We continued on to Victoria and saw an RV park with floating houses and boats as well.
Beautiful weather as can be seen by the sky.
Gardens in Victoria harbour, later we sailed in the waters behind, by ferry.
Last night we went to a supermarket, lots of pumpkins.
Halloween is just around the corner.

This morni g we stopped for coffee at a small cafe, they had pumpkin pie and I tried it, humm not my favourite. The server, who it seemed to be a mum and dad business, his wife did the baking, brought a piece of pecan pie to the table after hearing that we had not had one.  I thought my understanding of the language was alright until he had said P'carn, was what I heard, oh, pee can. Oh yes, I liked that more than the pumpkin.




No comments:

Post a Comment