Thursday 28 September 2017

A day of food

I tried different foods today. Breakfast was a chocolate milk, unusual for me but we were going to be travelling so I thought I should have something as I didnt know when we would get a chance to have lunch. Silly me!

It was foggy when we started driving, the scenery is amazing and I am still blown away by the massive trees that line the roadways.

Morning tea was a stop at Tim Hortons, we had only been to the famous Tims once before for an iced coffee so I had to try something, my choice was a med hot chocolate and three bite sized apple strudel,  I didnt need three but that was the deal. Warren had a double double coffee (that means double milk and double sugar in the coffee) and a strawberry jam donut and couldnt beleive that it was only $5.35 for both.

We got to Victoria  BC and walked to Fishermans Wharf where we thought we should have something to eat as we had a ferry to catch, we needed to be there 90 minutes before as we had to clear customs and immigration  and then the ferry ride was another 90 minutes.
Plenty of choice here, our table went for two fish and chips, a Mexican meal and I chose a salmon taco. A nice piece of salmon on a bed of lettuce, all wrapped in a soft taco, yum!

We didnt really feel hungry at dinnertime so we took a trip to a supermarket  (we were in USA by then). Oh, that was different. I got some sweet and sour pork, there was hot plate and several hot meals ready to go. It was served in a cardboard box. We also bought some cereal and milk ready for breakfast in the morning as we are heading further into America.

No comments:

Post a Comment