Wednesday 24 July 2013

Fifteen minutes.

Its amazing what can be acheived in fifteen minutes. I have been trying to get my sewing room into some sort of order and spent most of Sunday morning opening boxes and rearranging it. I emptied a set of drawers thinking that I would get rid of it and then had a brain wave, why not put it in the wardrobe? shame i hadnt thought of that because I had emptied it but it made sense, only trouble is that the wardrobe was full of boxes of material! The main reason to empty it, was so I could put up the table to cut on it (usually theres too much stuff to cut anything on it but thats the idea). However there is enough room to put up the table under the window until some stuff is lessened and the drawers can go into the wardrobe but thats certainly not yet.

I had unearthed a couple of cushions that needed fixing, one the zip had broken and the other had a seam split. They had been there for well over a year and I thought that maybe I could mend them while watching TV tonight. Went to get things ready and decided to sit down in the sewing room and do it right then and there while dinner heated in the oven.  Fifteen minutes was all it took to mend them! Why the hell had they sat there for so long, so are now back in the lounge and looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment