Saturday 21 September 2024

Footy finals fever.

 My team, Collingwood, won the Grand Final last year beating our local team Brisbane Lions, did not make the finals this year finishing in ninth place.

As Brisbane is local, we see their games more on TV and I know most of the players. They were lucky enough to make the finals finishing I think sixth. 

Last week I watched half of Brisbanes game and they were 44 points behind when I went to bed. I wasnt expecting them to win at the start but I do get quite a lot of crocheting done. Warren woke me on Sunday morning with the news that Brisbane had won. What the ?

Even though we knew they won, over lunch we watched the last half of the game. It was nail biting and I was glad that I knew the result.

Tonight they were up against Geelong, the only Victorian team left in the c.omp abd the match was in Melbourne. Foitball started in Victoria and they deem it as their game and therefore only Victorian teams should take out tge big prize.

The scores were pretty even then in the second quarter, Geelong took off and were 25 points in front at half time. Brisbane came out and seem to play a different style of game. Even lising their ruckman didnt deter them and they run out winners by a few points. So it will be Sydney Swans verse Brisbane Lions next week. Brisbane had not beaten Geelong in Melbourne for twenty years.

In a country comp, one team was in front by two points, siren sounded as the ball was marked. The rest of the team ran onto the ground thinking they had won. The umpire blew the whistle to take his kick and awarded a 50 m penalty for extra players on the groubd which in turn moved the marker of the ball into the square and then he kicked a goal. So the team who thought they had won, in actual fact lost the game in their excitement. Would not have liked to be in their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment