Friday 6 September 2024

Finishing WIPs

 When we came back from the cruise, I set myself the task of finishing projects.

Discussing with members of crochet group, I discovered that I am not the only one who is planning the next project before the currant one is finished. I have been known to start said new project and leaving one uncompleted. Hence my new challenge.

I took a new project on the cruise, a handbag compkete with all cotton yarn and handles. I made all thirteen squares with a couple of days to go. With the left overs six different colours and the main colour had two balls, I started a baby blanket. It got put on the back burner. Yay, got the baby blanket finished earlier this week. I had to add other colours from my stash. 

This was the photo when I was working on the squares on the boat.

Squares had to be crochetted together, no instructions on that but luckily a friend at crochet showed me how to place them. I lined it and then tonight I attached the handles.

I dont like the colours that much, I will make another but a little bigger with brighter colours. 

Must have been on a roll tonight as I also finished a crochetted dress. I saw a pucturs on face book, someone was asking how big for a two year old and added a photo of a dress that they wanted to make. 

I took note of chest measurement for a 2/3 year old and made my own. Had to sew in some ends.

This is my version. Next time I would make the skirt, a little less full.


No comments:

Post a Comment