Saturday 5 February 2022

Curling

 An Aussie pajr are in the winter olympics "playing" curling. I know what it is and have seen snippets of it before but have never seen a whole game.

Good grief, its almost like watching paint dry! I still watched to the end though!

I grew up with my grandfather, who was living with us at the time, playing lawn bowls then my dad and after a few years my mum all played lawn bowls and I could see similarities.

Had to google curling and the stones or rocks are between 17 and 19 kilos, thats heavy! As far as I know the maximum weight a female can lift is 15kgs, of course most can and do lift more but legally 15 kgs is the limit.

The stones are not lifted just pushed. They sweep the ice to encourage the stone to go the way they want it to go. I was surprised to see that the opposite team members can step in and sweep so the stone may continue out the back.

We were playing against Great Britain and the score was eight all after eight ends so they had to play another end and we lost in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment