Wednesday 16 February 2022

Chinese New Year

 Or Spring Festival. The library had little paper tigers to make when I went to crocheting.

I didnt do one but I did take a photo.


It is now the year of the tiger.

I decided to make a dish for dinner as a nod to the New Year.

My favourite dish when we were living in China was qiezi or eggplant and I just happened to have some in the fridge. I did get shown how to make it my one of my students grandmothers. She didnt speak English but she cooked it while I watched, she showed everything she put in and put in under my nose so I could also smell it. 

Eggplant does take a while to cook but then it goes very soft. They only use about a tablespoon of meat for flavour, I used a lot more and added noodles instead of rice but the flavors were there.



No comments:

Post a Comment