Friday 10 December 2021

Donations

 Yippee! We found a place to take our knitted and crocheted items. I had offered to ring around and some places didnt want them due to current weather or having enough at the moment.

One local community said yes, they use blankets tea towels and kids jumpers. 

I have joined a group that meet on Saturdays once a month I have been to three meetings and as I seem to be the one who lives closest I offered to count and deliver the items.


When we donated through the charity that has now closed, everything had to be counted because they were a registered charity. I suggested continuing on with the counting of items as the library where we meet may end up charging us rent. I figure that if we can prove we are doing something for the community and have the figures to back it up then we may avoid paying rent.

There were 14 blankets, 1 adult jumper, 8 kids jumpers, 6 scarves and 6 beanies. Not a bad haul from a group going three months, Saturday there were twelve of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment