Tuesday 7 January 2020

My Op Shop Bonus.

I always like to check out what the local op shop has on offer. I have bought containers suitable for caches before as well as did one covers and sheets that I have turned into the backs of quilts.

A couple of weeks before Christmas, my crochet tutor was looking for chocolate wool and being summer not in the shops. It was suggested that there may be some at op shops. I have never considered that op shops would or could have donated wool.

I bought two bags of wool that were there, one had odd balls, the other had bits and pieces. They were $3 and $2 so not a lot of mobey if I couldnt use them.

The second bag had a mess in the middle, it looked like a cat had been playing with it. Now Warren in the past has sorted out wool for me before, so I asked him if he could do something about it. It took him a couple of hours and then he presented me with lots of small balls of wool.

I have just finished crocheting slippers with it and pretty much used all of it.
Oh, photo is quite dark but there are nine pairs of slippers in the box.  I like to place one inside the other. They are designated for a charity. It is also part of my 20 challengers for 2020 to crochet 25 pairs, I am figuring that I will knock that over by the end of the tennis. The pattern that I have been using is called one hour slippers, well, I am getting faster but it does take me more than one hour. Good value though to get nine pairs for $2.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is very creative and helpful for us. Keep writing. Thank you

    Thanks & Regards,
    driving school craigieburn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique and creative writing. Keep writing and share with us. Thank you so much for share with us.

    Thanks & Regards,
    pest control brisbane

    ReplyDelete