Friday 24 January 2020

Great colour names

Shopping for wool two or three months ago, I bought some large 200gm balls of wool. At the time I had no plan but at the start of the tennis, I decided to crochet 30cm by 30cms squares and eventually make them into a blanket. I used the first ball and got two squares and almost a third.

If I wanted to make a blanket, I would need more wool as I only had one ball of each.  I took the band's down to Spotlight with the dye number and name of the colour. This was a first for me to go with an actual plan in  mind.

The colours are called Aqua, Mint, Royal and Peacock, so blues and greens.
I started with the Aqua, I need five squares from each colour which will make the end result about 120 x 160 or 4 x 5 squares. I may do a strip of cream between each and around the outside.

I am on to the last ball now, peacock which is on the left. I will have it finished by the time the Aussie Open (tennis) finishes next week. I do get a lot of crocheting done while watching or at least listening to the tennis.

I am also making slippers and set myself a task of 25 pairs, I think I am on to pair 15.

1 comment: