Saturday 29 June 2019

Cakes

I bought tencakes the other day, cakes of wool. As it is almost the end of the financal year, Spotlight had 50% off all their wool. I bought ten,it was all I could carry. Thinking that it would last several weeks if not months.

Well I must be knitting more or faster as it appears that I am knitting a panel of 10 inches by 48 inches in three or four days and it takes almost one of these cakes per panel. I usually work in cms but the pattern was in inches and my tape measure does both so no hassld there.

Earlier in the week, I delivered what I had been knitting, its almost two years since I donated and there was two suitcases and four shopping bags. Only four blankets as most were beanies, neck scraves and fingerless gloves. I will stick with blankets for now as that is apparently the greater need at the moment.
These are the cakes, I am currently knitting up the white and grey colours.
 This is one of the panels, its so much quicker to put together as well. Next term I am going to learn or relearn to crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment