Saturday 19 May 2012

An interesting afternoon

which started with a phone call from Chris. Suddenly the bike ride is getting closer with organizing how to get there etc and what to sleep in. Wazza says I should take that bike for a ride, dont even though if its any good. as its not reged, had to take it somewhere in the trailer. BUT, the trailer was full of tree trimmings, says he, I'll run over that with the lawn mower, a few minutes later, it would be easier to take it to the tip so I'll do that. Can you come with me for the bike run, sure says I, ever the helpful spouse! Ten minutes later he was back and loading up the bike. he did suggest that we wait until after footy but that was no biggie as it was not my team so didnt really care who won. Get to the pine forest, unload bike (I just watched), then all the gear goes on. What do you want me to do, just be here with phone if I need you. I had packed our travel mugs with hot coffee so after a few goes to get said bike going, I sat with my knitting and enjoyed the peace and quiet and sipped my coffee. Apparently the bike went well but had to do another lap just cos it did so well. Mossies started to appear so after the next lap, I did suggest it was time to go home. went to get out of the car to help load up only to hear a loud roar and a familair face loomed in the back window, glory be, he had ridden it up the ramp. Oh dear boys and their toys. (Nice to see him with a big smile on his face though, I'm sure he will have a ball next weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment