Monday 10 June 2024

My weekend sewing projects

 We were near a large op shop last week and I said to Warren that it would be rather rude of me not to visit to see if they had any wool. I also said that I didn't need any so we went further and had coffee.

I caved in on the way back and just thought I would see what they had. Well, they didn't have any wool that was suitable for my purposes but I couldn't leave empty handed so I bought a halter neck long dress that I thought I could refashion it into a skirt for our cruise. 


I didn't take a before photo but I undid one of the side seams after cutting the top off and inserted a small zip. I had a brown and a yellow one both 5 inches long, long enough for my purposes. I used the yellow one as I felt I could find more uses for the brown than the yellow. Dress came with a long time belt so I cut it to size added elastic through it and stitched on a waist band. $5 spend at opp shop, an hour or so at the sewing machine, zip and elastic was on hand and now I have a new skirt.

I also completed a quilt.

This is the back, I really like this fabric, it was another opp shop buy and started left as a king sized doona. Lots of fabric in it and no wear at all.

This is the other side, one of the scrappy quilts. This one I did in three panels. Somewhere I picked up a piece of scrap that had ABC on it so I put that in the very middle. The top of the skirt also features in this one.

I did do a clean up of my sewing room last week and have a clear floor. All the scrap fabric is in a large plastic bin and I cut some sheeting to size for the backs so once the scrappy bits are done, the rest of the quilts should go together much quicker.


No comments:

Post a Comment