Wednesday 19 June 2024

Finished projects

 I wanted a light jacket to go across my shoulders when it's gets cool. From making a which way fillet blanket I designed my own very simple stitch. I made it to go from west to east and was quite happy chugging along with it. I packed it up to take to Canberra over Easter but ended up not doing anything on it. After a few weeks, I really thought I must get on with it. Got it out and to my horror my sides were not straight and in fact one end was two inches narrower than the other. Nothing to do but frog it!


I used a cotton, two threads together in pale green. The above is the pile that I pulled undone, what a mess! I should have rolled it as I pulled it undone but I didn't, lesson learnt. 

Start again, this time I went from south to north thinking that there would be less chance of making the same mistake.


This is the end result. I have done cuffs at end in double crochet. Took nine days.

No comments:

Post a Comment