Monday 25 March 2024

Pittsworth

 We stayed here two nights, Warren did his park run and took off a minute off his time. Lucy and I went him and walked back to caravan park. Quite small park with cabins and permanents. I think there were only two spots available, ours and the one alongside.

Two showers and two toilets for each gender. Very clean however, one shower I couldn't turn the hot tap on so bundled all my stuff into the next one. That was okay, taps turned but another however, the water came out with such force that I could feel it bruising me. The shower head was one of those water savings things I think, pin point accuracy. I danced around trying to get wet and clean without too much spray it was difficult.

Quite a bit of history here like all country towns, famous runner was born there, Arthur Postle nicknamed the crimson flash. Apparently he could do a 75yard dash in about 7.2sec. He went overseas with his running but was easy beaten by another Aussie at the 100 yards mark. He was born in 1881 retired from running in 1913 but continued to coach a lot of other runners.

Unfortunately I didn't take a photo, he always wore red running tshirt and shorts






No comments:

Post a Comment