Thursday 2 November 2023

Second blanket

 I usually buy wool or yarn that I like and then decide what I will do with it.

One of my purchases earlier in the year was cotton from a company in Holland. I bought five packs of ten balls ranging from white to black. 

I thought it would make a great light weight blanket and set about making large granny squares using six of the colours, starting with white ending with black.


Each square is slightly different as I started with four rows in each colour but if course as it gets bigger, it takes more yarn to do a row so I had to change and do more rows in the middle so that I didn't run out of the black. Rather than stitch the squares together like I have done in the past, I crocheted these together, so much easier and quicker.

It measures 150 by 150. I was thinking of doing a border but I only had a small amount of black left so would need to be a lighter colour or order some more. Nah, think I will just wash it and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment