Friday 27 January 2023

Drivers licence renewal

 The worst place in the world is to go to Main Road department for any reason. It is always so busy.

I knew my renewal was coming up and I received a notice earlier in the week. Decided to go today because it's the last day of the week and also after a public holiday. No, no different.

I arrived at 8.35, five minutes after opening, no parking so I had to park in the streets and walked back. At least the waiting area was covered. So, five minutes after opening, I joined the queue of 22 people outside. Security guard at the door. When finally in the door, I was given a number and shown to the inside waiting area. I think there were about 40 people waiting inside on soft benches with no backs.

Ten counters were operating and working hard. My details were no different but had to have a photo taken. Should have new licence in seven weeks. Two hours gone out of my life, hopefully I won't need to go there again for another five years. I had put my phone away when she mentioned the cost, ekkk $191 for five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment