Friday 20 January 2023

Aussie 52 projects in one year

 This is a Facebook group that I joined to motivate me to do more sewing. I have the fabric and space plus time but need some get up and go.

I must admit that it's not quite I imagined as instead of just doing one thing a week, they actually give out topics each week. They are pretty broad though.

First week was to clean/clear sewing space ready to settle down and create.

Well, my sewing room was messy so that was a no brainer to start and the space looked good for awhile until I started sewing.

Anyway, the second week was Sun, people put up photos on the site of what they have done to meet the criteria. Many did sunhats and I thought I could do that even though I have never made one before. 

It's amazing how many free patterns are available online so I printed one off and using fabric that I had, made one. First one was too big and the fabric was too light. Made a second and I will also make some changes such as a smaller brim at the back and more stiffer in it but to keep the sun off, it works.



This is the inside

Outside, although I think I prefer the pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment