Wednesday 25 November 2020

Granny square blanket

 I have been crocheting for just over a year now and I had tried granny squares. Most people start with these. My granny squares ended up with rounded corners which made it very difficult to stitch together after. 

I left them for ages, after all I can crochet rugs or blankets with a straight edge. Two weeks ago at crochet class I thought I should try and I did the centre fine, then asked for help. Pam showed me how to do it and talked me through it. I continued last week and thought I was doing okay and then Gail askes if I am doing rounds or turning it?

What. Some agreed that if it is turned so crochet around and then turn and go back it squared it up, a couple of others never do it. I found it easier to start on the next round if it is turned. Here is the finished result.

It measures about 130 by 130, I still have a couple of ends to sew in. I was debating putting another row of white around but Warren thinks it should end with a darker colour. I did use up all the green that I had.  


No comments:

Post a Comment