Thursday 3 October 2019

Mussels, yum!

I tried mussels for the first time in Canada at the Dingey Dog hotel which is on a tiny island off Vancouver island. Its the only business on the island and people go by boat or ferry. We went by ferry and the ferry docks at the hotel, can walk off the ferry and go left into beer garden or right to continue to the island. Quite a few people live there or use it as a weekender. The pub is actually called the Dingy Dog but I read it as Dingey and so always think of it that way.

Anyway the mussels were excellent and so when I saw them in Costco, it brought back memories and surely I could cook them. I looked up recipes and asked friends.

I had a photo and now its gone, boohoo!

Anyway I steamed the mussles, I had already made the soup/sauce. Ready to hook in, hummm, they look the same as I remembered these didnt appear to have much meat and were pretty tasteless. We had a couple each and then looked at each other and said Nuh.

Maybe they were cheap and nasty $6something for two kilos but we figure we can afford to throw $6 in the bin. I will keep my memory of tasty mussles.

No comments:

Post a Comment