Sunday 1 September 2019

Quilts

I have knitted for a charity the last couple of years and continue to do so. However, I had a light bulb moment a few weeks ago to do more for them and use up the many pieces of material that I have and will certainly not make up into clothes for me.

Spotlight had natural cotton wadding, 8 metres long by 150 cms wide, this was on sale for 50% off.  As I knew I wanted to make two for home use, I decided to buy a bolt.

I had a couple of projects that I needed to get done before starting so I have been champing at the bit to get going. Finally I was ready. I have made five to date and havent made much of a dent in my stash. My fabrics are usually 112 cm wide so thats what I am going with and making them about 150cms long.

The photo is quite dark but fabric is blues and purples.

Two together here, the purple is silk that I bought in China and it was quite narrow so had to add a strip of plain purple down each side. It feels lovely though.

No comments:

Post a Comment