Monday 27 April 2015

The things I bought in China

I didn't buy too much, one because I didn't need anything and two because my bags were pretty full when we left. However I couldn't
resist some things. This is what I bought just for me. A canvas looking bag, it was the colour that drew me to this and I will use it for Red Hats outings. This was bought on the streets of Shanghai. We were walking past and Warren was a little ahead of me because of the traffic and the street sellers. I glanced across and saw bags and of course stopped (like you do! or I do anyway). The seller didn't have another one so he took all the stuffing out of this one taking more time, I was looking ahead to see where Warren was but knew there was a road to cross up ahead with lights so I assumed I would catch up there. I paid the money a staggering 25rmb or $5 and set off to catch up only to find that Warren was on the pavement not more than five metres away. He had noticed the bag seller and figured that I would stop there.

I had already bought 20 scarves to give to the girls at work, there are, I think, fifteen of us, not all work at the same time and I bought a variety so they could have a choice but the teal and purple I did buy to keep for me. The blue one will gold on it was also bought in Shanghai on the road going to the Bund, all scarves cost 10rmb or about $1.80. The bulk scarves I bought at the Silk market in Hangzhou.

My hand bag which I use and also bought in Shanghai about three years ago had developed a hole in the lining on the outside pocket. As I have been using a wallet for a long time and coins don't go in there very well, I tend to put any coins and my keys into the outside pocket. The hole had been getting bigger and I was losing things into the lining even lost my camera one day so needed a new pure one tht could hold coins as well as notes and so my red purse, I was hoping that my phone could fit and it probably would have before the cover is on it, again the cost was so high 29rmb, just over $5

Later I did take my hand bag to "Rubbish street" and asked one of the ladies there to mend it. Of course this was done by sign language and when we came back about ten  minutes later, it was all done and I cant even see where it was mended for the sum of two coins or 40cents!

My purchases all up was about $12.


No comments:

Post a Comment