Sunday 18 August 2024

Projects on the cruise

 I couldnt take the blanket that I was working on so I took a couple of smaller things to do. A friend from crochet class is working on poppies for ANZAC Day, she is hoping to make 1000 and gave those who wanted, the pattern. I bought a ball of red cotton and one ball of wool, although techinally its yarn if it is not 100% wool. 

I had some bits and bobs of black so I was set. I did use all the red that I took, naking fourteen poppies in all.


I have already passed those on to her but the above are some I have made since. An easy pattern which I timed yesterday, one poppy took one quarter of football and the break so provably about 40 minutes.

The second project which I finished on the last day of the cruise was a handbag in patchwork crochet.


Six different colours, each round a different colour. There were four variates of them as well. So that I didnt get mixed up, I lined the colours up on my bedside cupboard and worked that way until I had completed that colourway then changed them according to the pattern. I needed help on how to put it together, the instructions didnt go that far, luckily two from crochet had already made this pattern and were able to help. I have lined it but still need the finishing touches. I dont like the colour so it will be used as a donation filled with toiletries to go to a shelter. November is Share the Dignity month. Last year I did five bags, it will not go to waste.

Hanging on the lampshade is my pass that we need to wear at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment