Sunday 4 August 2024

A nasty surprise

 Our first day at sea and we are walking the deck. This can only be done on deck 7, at the front of the boat to complete a circuit, needed to take the stairs, walk around the frint and then go down stairs making it a 600 m round trip. 

Stairs bar humbug, not my favourite so I learnt a short cut going through the ship, my circuit was then only 400m.

Anyway, first day was a little rocky and I walked near the rail, a nice polished wood rail approx four foot off the deck. I was taking in the sights and sea air when I experinced a sharp pain in my arm.

I had walked into a steel joint on the deck which left a bruise for several days just near my elbow. I learnt to walk on the other side.

Nasty little sticky out thing!

The pool was roped off on the first day because it was like a tidal wave going up and back.


No comments:

Post a Comment