Sunday 16 January 2022

Parkrun

 Warren has been doing parkrun for three or four years. At first I went with him to drive home thinking he may be too tired to drive home. Then I had the bright idea to take Lucy and she and I could walk while parkrun was happening.

All good as long as she cant see the runners as she knew he was part of it somewhere. Last winter I was having trouble sleeping and stopped going along. 

Not sure where the idea came from but somehow I was going to walk parkrun. Sheridan offered to come with me and it was set for last Saturday. It had rained all night abd still raining when we woke up. Not a good idea so it was postponed to yesterday.

First official photo about 700 metres into it.

And then the final, 5ks, one hour two minutes and 27 secs, room for improvements. The bar scans tells me that each week it gets shorter, I told him that I would hold him to that. The ball of my left foot was quite sore but luckily it hasnt developed into a blister. 





No comments:

Post a Comment