Wednesday 20 October 2021

Meatless Monday

 I know of people who make meatless Mondays a regular thing we like our meat too much to do that but dont mind the odd vegie meal with no meat.

I was watching a weekly program that has a cooking segment and he made this meal which I decided to make. For a change it wasnt a Jamie Oliver meal.

First he cut up some celery and a leek and soften them then added a tin of tomatoes. Meanwhile he mixed ricotta cheese with parsley and spring onion.

Using a mandarin he sliced zucchini lengthwise.

To each sluce of zucchini, he put a spoonful of the cheese mixture and rolled. 

The tomato base went into a baking dish and the zucchini rolls on top.

My rolls had to go downwards, he had stood his up. Twenty minutes in the oven and theres the meal.



I felt there was too much celery, I had used three stalks and a couple of spring onions, I had some cooked pumpkin that I had added as well. Okay for a change but was quite happy tonight to have a pork chop with the vege.  

No comments:

Post a Comment