Friday 5 February 2021

Scuba diving

 I know that doesn't sound like me but according to a cache we got which said it required scuba diving, I must have done. We had 59 positive attributes and needed this particular one to complete a challenge which Sheridan and I found and signed in Tassie last year.

Sheri had told me there was one on the Gold Coast with this attribute.

We were on our way to an event the first of the year and we took a detour to get to this. I was wearing fancy thongs and no other clothes but she said it was not a problem. 

Pulled up in the car and I saw a board walk, nice! Walked out towards the water and around a corner the board walk stopped, it was about a metre off the ground. Had to jump down onto the sand. I didn't fancy jumping from that height so sat on the edge and pushed off. It was muddy as we were in mangroves,only 27 metres to go. Another ten metres and our shoes were sucked down into the mud.

Remove shoes and keep going, heading for a tree that the trunk had been blown and it was sort of growing sideways. Cache was in a hole in the trunk about five feet off the ground. Found retrieved signed and replaced, then realised that the other side of that tree was dry sand and we were able to walk back to the board walk on dry sand. Helped a lot with the mud on our feet.

Back at the boardwalk which was still a metre above the ground, I turned, intending to push myself up on to the edge,  only about six inches but I couldn't do it. Thinking I was going to have to walk out along side and in more mud,not a happy solution. Tried facing and threw up one leg then rolled and finally up on my knees then upright. Thank goodness there was no one around, I felt like a beached whale but I t I wasn't there as long.

Yay,now have all 60 attributes, we continued to the event walking in with bare feet, fortunately it was also at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment