Thursday 11 February 2021

Birthdays

 My birthday was on  a Sunday but it started on Friday when a parcel arrived. Warren often orders things online so thought he must have ordered. Nope, it was for me. I didn't buy anything, it was a DNA test! Warren said he didn't know anything about it and suggested packing it up and sending it back, thinking that it may have been a marketing ploy. I said that we could leave it for awhile.

Sunday came and I was meeting Sheridan to attend an event. Thank goodness she was driving as it was over mountains and windy roads and several bike riders out, these were push bikes not motor bikes. Narrow roads, cyclists and motorists with misty rain is not a good combo.

I had a couple 8f phone calls while there which I took several metres away from the group. During one with my brother, also his birthday, the whole group of about forty people,not all of them that I knew, sang happy Birthday to me. Sheri and I did a few different caches before returning home. Sheridan happened to mention that a parcel would be arriving, seemed that her and Jason had decided to get the DNA kit for me. 

 It was Warren's turn to cook, good old Mecca's!

Monday, it was time to go and collect my pressing, we had decided to update our tablets as they were on sale and I bought a nutri bullet as well.

Tuesday was to be my day and of course I had asked for a day of caching. Warren told Lucy for a walk as we both thought that getting in and out of the car would not be much fun for her. Twelve caches were on my list.  

 I tidied the house and made a picnic lunch.  Traffic was bad on the highway so we opted out and took the back ways. Rain started, maybe we would only get the most northern ones. News flash, severe thunderstorms, heavy rain, possible flash flooding what the?

I suggested we turn around and go home, we stopped at a playground where I knew there was a cache but never had time for before. It was our only cache for the day, we got home just as the rain came down heavy.

This week we went out again but not to the same area.

No comments:

Post a Comment