Tuesday 11 February 2014

It does pay to look down.

Hints regarding supermarket shopping always list one of the ways to save money is to look up and down on the shelves as they put the more expensive brands at eye level. I have discovered that it is also true wuth other stores.

A couple of weeks ago I was at Spotlight, the sole purpose was to buy some cord to go into draw strings bags. I was making the bags to put into Operation Shoeboxes and I was using up the left over material from the caravan curtains.

I found the coils of cord that i wanted but i didnt like the price, it ranged from $2.17 to $2.99 depending on thickest, i did not want to pay that much so one bag would take almost a metre.

I left it there thinking that I would have to come up with some other way, at the end of the aisle, I happened to look down and there were packets of cord, 12 metres for $4.99, thats more my price. Its probably not the best quality but it will more than do the job. I have made 6 big bags and 8 small ones and have some cord left over, so a win/win.

Yesterday we were at Bunnings, I dropped warren while I took the car to the library and we met at the bunnings coffee shop, quite a bit cheaper than at the mall! looking in the basket that he had selected, I remarked 'oh you needed more liquid nails" liquid nails being the reason for the last trip a few days before. "No, its glue to glue the extra panels but its the genertic brand so only $1.99, but goots look on the bottom shelf as Shelley's and the like are placed in easy sight and reach."

No comments:

Post a Comment