Tuesday 11 February 2014

Challedges for febuary

I have taken on some challeadges in the simple savings forum that I am on.

first one is to only spend $200 for the month in groceries, as I now have organic fruit and vege delivered every two weeks, cost is $54 for each box, that leaves me with $96 for the rest of the month to spend! I shopped on Sunday 2nd and spent $48 and $20 of that was a voucher from Coles. Not shopping again til Fri 14 and only $48 left in the kitty. I do have plenty of food in the freezer but keep things of things to cook that I dont have the items for so it is a little difficult but doable. yesterday i reralised that the milk was getting low and there was only one small one left in the freezer. After some consideration, I made up some powered milk and added to the fresh, cant tell the difference. have a small list for Friday, if I pull it off, the money saved will be going into the high int savings account.

second one is to have a no spend month, this does not included food or bills. Well to date I have seven NSD and four spends. Monday i bought a sari which will be used later in the year, it was from my sanity money, Wednesday the curtain material that i had ordered came and I had to pay it before they sent it. friday we went out for ice cream, Saturday bought a caravan cover a one? off special from aldi.

Third is to save 10% of your pay, this is an easy one but I have set up a new account that pays higher interest if there is an addition in the month, could be as little as a dollar, and no withdrawals. new account and have done direct debit, two pays in and already have an interest payment. woo hoo!

Fourth is joining Court Jesters. Every week you nominate a task that you have been wanting/needing to do but have put off for some reason (usually slackness in my case). the task is approx an hour and a half during the week. so far so good, i have completed these which included making curtains for the caravan, cleaning out the drawers in kitchen and hallway, cleaning and doing inventry of pantry, last week was UFO's in sewing room and this week is cleaning up of computer files and rubbish on computer. Havent started on this one yet but thinking about it, my week goes from Sunday to Sunday.

fifth is saving coins in a container, this is not going too well as I dont get too much coins these days and with the no spend days, very little is going into my money box. Although I was repaid something the other day in coins and that all went in there. as I did have some money in there from last year, i hope it will be full in about three months. this is going to be used for present buying.

An ongoing one not just Feb is Rudolph's day and on each 25th of the month, doing something for Christmas and or birthdays, I'm hoping that by the time christmas comes around i will be prepared and in control, have the next two birthdays purchased and wrapped.  

1 comment:

  1. This was not too bad, spent $220 on food for the month.
    second was no spend and i managed to have 18 nsds and still keeping a tally this month
    10% going into a special savings account, even got a little bit in interest
    Fourth, doing some thing extra each week, got my cupboards done last week
    Fifth, any coins I throw in my jar but not getting many.
    !

    ReplyDelete