Thursday 10 October 2024

Welcome to the world of diabeties

 Which I dont know too much about yet but learning. Last year my doctors sent me for a blood glusoce test which involed three lots of blood taken an hour apart.

My blood sugar levels didnt go back to normal as quickly as they should have, it would be monitored. I know that thirst is a symptom and about six weeks ago, I did start to experience sudden thirst so organised a blood test. The levels were higher than last year which offically made me a diabetic.

Dr gave me a script for one daily tablet a weekly injection, I also needed to have an eye test, another blood test and a wee test to check my kidneys and a further apt with her in two days, that was today.

I went to two chemists who both told me that the injection is unavailable and has been for some time. Saw a care plan nurse today then the dr again who just needed to sign off of nurses suggestions. Dr also suggested a chemist who may gave the injection, they did so I was able to get it and give myself the first dose.

So care plan is, two visits to exercise guy and a diabeties person in two weeks a follow up with dr in a month.

Basically stay away from sugar, chocolates, etc and high fat foods.

My blood sugar level was 6.4 today when I saw the nurse which I thought was pretty good.

This week I have seen Dr, eye dr, had blood test, had a hearing test, seen the care nurses, (they did suggest a dentist visit until I said I had false teeth) back to dr and tomorrow I am having a mammogram, not connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment