Friday 28 May 2021

New crochet stiches

 I think I must be getting better at crocheting as the last three weeks, not only have I been able to do it but also managed to do a six inch swatch during the two hours.

 

The blue is called bead stitch, the green is hatch and the red is c2c standing for corner to corner and it is done on the diagonal. 

We had asked for a little more complex stitch and as no-one had attempted c2c, not even our tutor, she decided that she needed to step outside her comfort zone, learn it and then teach us. 

A little difficult at first as it is different but really so easy once it gets going, it like making bricks then joining them together as you go.


 I have made this square since crochet group yesterday, its 45cms square or will be when I finish it. It would be too heavy to keep going so I will do six squares and sew together. The wool is variegated so they will be different but with the same colours. My new favourite stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment